Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Welcome!

Exhibit A: Procrastinator (ie: lazy)

     Welcome to the procrastinator's guide to anime! Now you might ask yourself what does that even mean and why should I care? Those are some very valid questions you have there so allow me just a moment of your time to give you a slight introduction which will hopefully convince you to stick around.

     First things first allow me to introduce myself. I am your tour guide though this strange and hastily constructed nightmare; the name's Bowiie nice to meet cha'. My anime experience began when I discovered cartoons that didn't act like cartoons as a kid. My humble roots started with Sci-Fi anime features the earliest I can remember being Galaxy Express 999, from there I went on a relentless search of all thing anime (without knowing what it was at the time) from those humble beginnings a love of all things japanimated began. Several years ago I began watching anime as the were released and had several people coming to me for recommendations on shows to watch, and with and abundance of free time and patience I was the man for the job. This little project is a small step up from those days were I will cover anime that I'm enjoying at the moment and try to explain why I enjoy them. A final word of warning if you come looking for the most in depth critical analysis of every anime ever your in the wrong place. There are certain anime I enjoy just because I enjoy them not because of some deep rooted sense of artistic accomplishment and I don't have a problem letting you know that.

     With the boring part out of the way lets move on to the slightly more relevant topic...the blog! So the question...what is it? Simply put it is a concise go to guide for those that are too busy, (read lazy) to wade through the numerous anime that are released each cycle, and are just looking for a good anime to get into. Here is where I come in. I watch the better majority of new anime that comes out, (yes I have that kind of time and yes it is sad) so I will attempt to give you a reason why you would or would not enjoy that particular anime. I'll do an intro post that will cover the basic's of any given anime, the genre, characters, setting, so on and so on.

     So there is your introduction, take it or leave it that is what this is gonna be about. So without further ado on to the fun stuff!

At least someone is excited...


No comments:

Post a Comment